Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mom, can we ice skate on the deck?

So, today school was delayed two hours. Mark got up and went to his meeting, and the kids got up around 7:30 AM. I, of course, stayed in bed ...duh. That is, until I heard some strange noises coming from ... outside. My bedroom is over the deck, and i could hear the kids banging on the door outside. So i lok out the window, and Nate and Ian are outside in 25 degree weather in their new fleece jackets Da brought them from Vail that they won't take off. I Yelled down "Guys, get back in the house." and nate yells back, "Mom, can we please ice skate on the deck?"
So i suited them up in proper cold weather gear, popped their crocs on (because they "are the slippiest, mom") and sent them out to skate. Even Keagan. They had the BEST time out there slipping around on the deck. When I went to get them to get ready for school, they had gotten out a ball and 2 plastic hockey sticks and were playing Hockey! Needless to say, nate was very disappointed that he had to leave for school.
Today will be an interesting day for me because I am the substitute LunchLady today! I just think that is the funniest thing! I was thinking of getting a fake hairy mole to wear just for the occassion. The school provides the hairnet, so i thought the mole would be a great touch. Hey Kiddos, Mrs. Johnson is here ... Spit Burgers for Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment