Monday, December 15, 2008

the sick husband post ...

Dear Diary, Today when i logged on to work on my blog, i noticed that people had started reading it. I have followers! I have people making comments! I am so excited. My own husband won't even read it, but random strangers will. Maybe i do have something of value to say! Well, the xmas cards are halfway done, but the second half is going to go out without pictures because I can't bear to go back in to target to get them printed. Also, all 80 of them are going out without a letter updating everyone on our happenings for the past year. Well 2 years, since i never sent out last years xmas cards. Even though they were all signed, sealed, and even addressed. I just never made it to the post office to get stamps! So in March I just threw them away! Holy Crap, don't tell my husband! Anyway, as i sit here typing, listening to Imagination Movers, I am distracted by the buzzsaw noises coming from the loveseat. That can only mean one thing ... Mark is SICK! there is nothing worse than a sick husband. It is worse than even sick kids. At least you can give them a popsicle and some benadryl and they will sleep for a couple of hours and give you a break. Sick men are just the opposite. They even whine in their sleep. My husband, who probably is coming down with pneumonia, slept ALL day yesterday. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying he slept ALL day yesterday, then he woke up this morning and when i came back from dropping the 2 big boys off at school, he was sound asleep again. Then he said that he was going to get up and get ready for WORK! Can't he just accept the fact that he is sick and stay on the couch for a day or two until his energy is back up and THEN go back to work? I understand that he does own a construction company and a lot of people count on him to be there, but when you are sick, you're sick. So, to ensure that he would stay put, I called his daddy! He and his dad work together, so i called him and told him mark was sick and he told me to make him stay home so he won't be sick for christmas! I think he is sick because we spent the whole weekend cleaning and organizing closets, which is what we do all the time because we have too many people living in this house that has no closets! This weekend we actually had to go through and get rid of some of the kids clothes because we are just out of room! The little kids stayed at grammyda's from friday night until 8 pm on saturday night! Yesterday we worked on a special christmas project for grammy, da, uncle nick and aunt joni. I just hope they can keep it a secret! I know this is a long post, but I am energized this morning after a good nights rest (thank you, ambien!) and a mocha this morning! Now, I think I am going to do some laundry (surprise!), finish the xmas cards, and reorganize my closet!

1 comment: